Its time to dust off our clipboards, remind ourselves how to use tally marks, and invite everyone to participate in a data collection endeavor. Walk Bike Glendale presents the 2013 Glendale Bicycle and Pedestrian Count! We need hundreds of volunteer shifts covered and we hope you can help.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. Sign Up to Volunteer – you’ll need to sign up for training and a count shift…
- Choose a location on this map
- Log in to Volunteer Spot
- Register for a training and your count shift(s)
We’ve changed the method for data collection for this count, so all volunteers are required to attend an orientation, even if you’ve done bike & ped counts with us in the past. Both orientations will be the same – just sign up for the one most convenient for you.
- Monday, September 16, 6:30 p.m.*
- Thursday, September 19, 6:30 p.m.*
*Both meetings at the same location
Glendale Municipal Services Building
633 E. Broadway, 91206
If you can’t make one of these trainings, please sign up for a shift and review the following materials prior to the count shift:
b) a count shift!
We have 65 locations in Glendale and there are three counts times for each one (use this map to find a location convenient for you). That means we need 100+ volunteers to make sure that people on bikes and people on foot are getting counted. Most locations only require 1 volunteer, so shifts will fill up fast. Sign up soon to get the location and time you want!
Count dates are:
- Wednesday, September 25, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 25, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (only 2 locations near schools)
- Wednesday, September 25, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 28, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
2. Spread the Word.
Share this post with your friends and encourage them to join in on the bike and ped count fun!
3. Donate to the Bicycle and Pedestrian Count.
It takes time, energy, and resources to make the bicycle and pedestrian count happen! It costs roughly $25 to fund a count location, and we have over 65 locations this year. Make a donation to Walk Bike Glendale for a donation that really goes a long way and counts.